Thursday, November 1, 2012

Copy Cat

My Little Shadow

Wow! The coolest, simplest thing happened today!  I was on the phone with mom, working out my legs, and having play-time with Norah (I used to think this was the definition of multi-tasking, but now feel like I could have easily been folding laundry at the same time..what was I thinking???)..anywho...so as I was holding on to the side of my lingerie chest doing my back-leg-kicks with my stretchy-leg-kicking band, I see Norah crawl over to the bureau and pull her little self up.  No big deal right?  She has been pulling up for a while now.  BUT THEN!  She begins kicking her little leg back mimicking me just perfectly.  Ok, so maybe it seems as though I've completely over-hyped this situation (me? no way:)  but to me, this was majorly monumental.  I know she's comprehending the Copy Cat Concept by repeating sounds that I make and dancing on-que, but I realized that she truly watches mommy, even when I don't intend for her to.  Immediately, reality sank in that for the next 18 + years, I will be this sweet little princess's closest example for much more that how to tone her thighs.  Right then and there I prayed that I would not let her or God down, but to try my very best to be an example for her to become the girl, friend, daughter, sister, future wife, and one day mother herself that I dream and am confident she will be.  


No comments:

Post a Comment