Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Three Weeks Old....
We have now been so blessed to have spent three weeks getting to know Norah (though she's already wearing 3 months!).  They keep telling us her hair will fall out, but as of right now, it's only getting thicker!  Each day she's more and more alert and feeding is going MUCH better...HALLELUJAH!  I thought it would be the end of me there for a while!  I am just amazed at how babies can tell you so much of what they like, don't like, feel, and need without saying one word.  It's made me start thinking...(here's where Josh says, "Oh no!":)  When we care so much for someone, like our child, and are truly paying attention to them, words aren't even necessary to getting to know them.  Sometimes, I think as adults, we even often say too much, too little than what's expected, or just completely the wrong thing altogether.  Maybe if we all slowed down things a bit and truly paid attention to and were present with others, our relationships would be strengthened to a whole new level, people would always feel like someone truly cared, and alot of the sadness that exists in the world today would disappear. I'll consider this one of my New Year's resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment