Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Two Weeks Old!

Two Weeks Old!.......
So Norah has now been here for two weeks...it's so hard to believe. She's 8 lbs and growing so fast.  We're still learning her personality, cries, needs, and routines, but here are a few things we can count on...

Swaddling is great, but keep her hands out...she must be able to use them at all times
Sometimes she's feeling shy and wants her head buried and eyes covered- we must accommodate
She loves books, car rides, and long walks
Giggling in her sleep is a daily occurrence, though when she's awake she always has the most serious look on her face 
Dirty diapers don't bother her one bit...could this be a sign of potty training woes to come?

The past 14 days have just flown by and I'd be lying if I didn't admit to points of complete exhaustion and emotional/hormonal meltdowns, but at the same time, I've never felt so complete in my life!  It's truly amazing how much you can love your baby!  Norah can't speak to me, I can't even tell yet if her eyes are focusing on me, but having her presence in our home makes life so much richer.  I find myself already getting excited about taking her shopping, painting her nails, and watching Disney movies together, but I have promised myself that I will try not to rush any stage, but to pause to take in each and every moment that I have with her.  For now, we'll simply celebrate her two week milestone!


Happy birthday sweet girl:)
  



No comments:

Post a Comment